FCC Phnom Penh, located on #363 Street Sisowath Quay Phnom Penh now is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill up the position of:
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER (male/ female – 1 position)
Under the general guidance and minimum supervision of the Managing Director, and within the limits of established corporate office and hotel policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of the food and beverage department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day-to-day operation, strategic planning, budget planning and forecasting, training and on-going development of team members. Responsibilities also require direct and routine interaction with key operational divisions within the hotel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MEANS:
- Set the highest personal and professional standards for your department by your own performance, attitude and actions.
- Recognize outstanding individual performance in your department and deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively.
- Give clear, concise directions, provide support and supervise the team members to ensure that directions are properly executed.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions and the actions of those reporting to you.
- Establish a climate of motivation and enthusiasm in your department.
- Create and implement long term goals and strategies that will cause the department to succeed and grow.
- Get the right people in the right job.
- Constantly seek to develop the expertise of those reporting to you.
- Have a deep understanding of the hotel’s Vision and integrate this into your daily activities.
- Adjust to changes in market requirements and the hotel’s operational strategies to meet business needs.
- Exercise moral judgment, imagination and courage in the practice of leadership.
- Be able to plan and then execute the business overall strategy.
- Have a keen understanding of the external market environment and market trends
- Constantly seek to identify unmet guests needs and work towards developing new/improving current services and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
- Know the business’s current and potential competitors.
- Understand the product image the company aims to project and ensure that image is reflected in every aspect of the manner in which you manage your division.
- Communicate effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
- Conduct regular brief, concise, well prepared meetings and ensure follow-up.
- Communicate with Guests and be visible in the local community as a representative of the hotel.
- Be open and willing to accept alternative opinions and new concepts.
- Be visible in the business and spend time “walking the talk” with your team members.
- Maintain an efficient and effective administrative system.
- Ensure that the business’s Management System is maintained and executed.
- Set policies and procedures pertaining to the hotel operation and ensure all manuals/systems are up to date and in use.
- Ensure all your policies and procedures are in synergy with related departments and FCC guidelines.
- Participate in the hotel’s duty management roster.
- Maximize the use of available technology and systems to get results.
- Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
- Know your job and continue your self-development by self-directed learning and participation in company sponsored training programs.
- Analyze market changes, implements menu changes as when necessary to meet market conditions.
- Be fully conversant with the hotels cost control system, and be able to maintain costs within Budget constraints.
- Ensures that monthly reviews of total departmental productivity, versus goal, are conducted.
- Participate in controlling the business’s financial performance and provide the individual divisions with profit engineering guidance.
- Protect the hotel’s financial interest by implementing controls for revenues, expenses, protection of assets whilst ensuring Guests get value for money and excellent service standards.
- Work closely with team members, to ensure that training is scheduled and that skill levels are maintained to the standards of the outlets.
- Plan menus and develops concepts which meet the requirement’s of the restaurants customer base
- Ensures that appropriate efforts are expended on the solicitation and development of:
- Regular cliental
- Special promotions
- Outside catering
- Disseminate sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Meet with all influential clients and ensures that their service requirements are being met.
- Maintain a high level of exposure for the outlets in major market areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone, fax contact and written communications.
- Ensures all Team Members are capable of independent execution of all sales promotions.
- Fully understand how the hotel is regarded in the community in conjunction with a thorough knowledge of the competitive situation in terms of business mix of competitors, pricing and rate structures, sales and advertising strategies and future planning within the community.
- Produce an annual marketing plan, marketing budgets and revenue forecasts, providing for the proper positioning of the hotel and realistic financial returns.
- Ensures the production of detailed action plans for all departments related to the marketing plan to ensure marketing plan objectives are achieved.
- Recommend to the Director of Operations and coordinate all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume.
- Review incoming literature to remain update on current trends.
- Promote and produce leads for Food and Beverage outlets in the hotel
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established business policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, staff, and employers.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Network within the company and the industry to keep abreast of developments affecting your field of expertise.
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators and take remedial actions as and when required
- Supervise cleanliness of kitchens and front of house areas and ensure that they are maintained to the highest levels possible.
- Review Guest Comment forms as they relate to departmental performance and take remedial actions as required.
- Have a good understanding of the hotel’s emergency procedures and ensure that the hotel is ready to implement any such procedures should an emergency arise.
- Be ready to provide to provide counsel to Team Members and pass on recommendations to senior management.
- Constantly look to improve team member performance, attitude and efficiency.
Key Performance Indicators
- Food Cost
- Beverage Cost
- Departmental Profit
- Guest Comments
- Mystery Shopping
- Minimum of 7 years of working experiences for the Food and Beverage operations in the Hotel & Restaurant Industry
- Good command of spoken and written English is a must
- Proficiency in other third languages is preferable
- Component in using computer software and understand Internet access
- Having sound knowledge in using some application of the designs such as: (Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw…) is added advantage
- Ability to plan and execute F&B service action plan
- Good knowledge in food & beverage products and good hygiene
- Ability to handle the multiple tasks and reach the tight timeframe
- Ability in training the subordinates as to meet the job requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and team player, independent with the social strengths, outgoing, friendly, self-motivated and dedicated
- Pleasant personality and healthy looking
- Be reliable, honest, and punctuality
- Be eager to learn new things/ skills
- Be committed
- Be honest, and not afraid to ask for help instead of pretending
- Be a team player!
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter with recent photo by using the contact details below:
Address: #363 Street Sisowath Quay Phnom Penh Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Tel.: (+55) 23 210 142
Fax: (+55) 23 427 758
HP: (+55) 10 567 999
Closing Date: April 30, 2016